Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday Doesn't Have Much of a Feeling, Does It?

When I was a teenager, I used to say that Tuesday was my favorite day.  But to be honest, it was just because I felt sorry for it.  Every other day has a feeling to it--even if it's like Thursday and just mooching off of the next day's feeling.  We all know Thursdays are better because we know that tomorrow's Friday. But Tuesday, it's got nothing!  So to be different and to give it a shot, I used to say Tuesday was my favorite.  It didn't stick though.  I'm having a BLAH day on a BLAH day.



I went to the eye doctor earlier who I strongly dislike. He's a know-it-all and a sexist--a lethal combination.

My boss has been getting on my nerves.  Apparently she thinks that I can't handle the 2 jobs she's given me and she keeps bringing in reinforcements.  I HAVE TWO THINGS TO WORK ON! And 40 hours to work on them. I find this frustrating especially since I'm not too big of a fan of this Brit that she has reinforcing me. He's another know-it-all.  And who knows, maybe he's a sexist too (the jury's still out on that one and I have zero evidence to back that up).

My boss is one of those people that is really overworked and frazzled all the time.  When I first met her, I felt really terrible because trust me, she's one of the sweetest people in the world that you'd ever meet.  In fact our first conversation was over the phone and it felt like I was gossiping with one of my girlfriends.  Plus, she's a dog person and I love me some dog people!

Well, after working with her for some time, I've realized that she makes herself overworked and frazzled. I am aware that the owners at my company are not blameless, BUT trust me when I tell you, she does a lot of it to herself.  I get these emails where she's done my job rather than emails telling me to just do my job. I'm torn. I feel sorry for her because I know she makes her work her life and that her personal life is in shambles. But then, when I stop to think about it, I don't so much because I think every person is responsible for drawing his/her own line in the sand and saying, "This is as much as I can do." If she doesn't do that, does she still get my sympathy?

Speaking of personal responsibility, the hubby and I watched 60 minutes this week and saw a story on a company whose sole purpose was to forge mortgage documents. It's bizarre to me that this is a company and even more bizarre that the banks thought it was a good/legal idea to do this. But what really baffled me was that they were interviewing people who worked for the company and whose job was to sign other people's names onto these forms. I repeat, these people were hired to sign someone else's names on documents AND to notarize them. Whaaaat? Then, they sat down to be interviewed about it. On national TV. Isn't forging documents a crime? Why didn't the people actually carrying out this "work" suffer any consequences? Weird.

Perfect time for you to learn something about me: I LOVE rules! It's sick, right? But I was raised by a cop and I tend to abide by nearly all laws and rules--I don't necessarily agree with all of them but I try to stick to them as best as I can. So as I share my misadventures, you'll probably see a lot of opinions similar to the one above: "Why weren't they arrested?" "Why weren't the cops called?" etc.

And finally, here's a delicious recipe I made last night: Tilapia With Dijon and Panko Coating. I'm not a big fish eater (although having been raised in NJ and now living on the gulf, I do love shellfish) but this was delicious. You should probably be warned that I do randomly love Panko crumbs though.

Well, I know I'm just warming up here and I hope you hang in there. My life rarely has a dull moment and I have all sorts of issues. But today was just another BLAH Tuesday, so you probably got a BLAH Blog.

LYM


No comments:

Post a Comment