Monday, August 8, 2011

It Definitely Feels Like a Monday

Well, I've been thinking about this a long time and I've decided that today's the day I will start writing a blog.  What's the theme, you ask. Well, having grown up when Seinfeld ruled the television, I would have to say it is a blog about nothing.

I want to use this space to write about anything and everything that comes to my mind.  If I cook a great recipe or just find one for that matter, I will post it.  If I read something really juicy on TMZ, I'm going to talk about it here. If I get into a fight with my husband, I'm going to vent here.  Nothing's off limits--one of the main reasons I wanted this to be anonymous and why I do not intend to give my friends the link right away.

I started writing an expanded version of the About Me section but it was taking too long. If you follow this blog, it will all come. So, how about I start at the beginning. I'll tell you how a true Jersey Girl ended up in Texas.

As mentioned, I fell in love. The short story is I met this ridiculously hot guy while I was working a part time high school job at a party store. He quit; I still pined for him. And when, I was the only one left of my friends to not have a date for the senior prom, a close girlfriend of mine picked up the phone and asked him. YES, my friend asked him out for me. Well, it all worked out.  We had a great time and spent the summer before college falling in love.  I went to school in NJ and he went to school in GA.  We kept it going--in fact, it was easy for us.  We had some growing pains and broke up for a brief time while he was finishing school and after I had graduated.  When he was done, he was recruited by an oil refinery in the 'burbs of Houston. He missed me, I missed him, and after a teary-eyed screaming match, we decided to take it slow and consider getting back together. That was a Wednesday. Sunday, we were an item.

 Real file photo. This is our 3rd date at my Senior Prom.
Maybe without eyes, you can't see how ridiculously ecstatic I am.
I have no regrets from this photo--still love the dress, still love the man.
The backdrop is questionable but I didn't have a choice on that one!

So I came to Houston to be with him--after I got the engagement ring of course. I may let my heart lead the way, but I'm not stupid! I left my family behind and what was left of my friends (after 10 years out of high school, a lot of my close friends are now scattered across the country).  I was greeted by Hurricane Ike--a story for another day.  We struggled at first because we were so good at being in a long distance relationship, we weren't really sure how to be under the same roof. Hell, we had never even spent significant amounts of time in the same state by that point in our relationship!

 Real file photo. Our gorgeous wedding day. July '09 in NJ.

So here I am. In Houston. Blogging.  I hope you enjoy all my misadventures!

And, yes, if you're wondering about my title for today's post, it definitely feels like a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment