Thursday, December 1, 2011

Back from NJ

The following is an accurate list of every city/town I made it to while on my trip to NJ from November 19 at about 1 PM EST to November 26 at 9 AM EST:

Newark - Plainfield - Madison - Cranford - Metuchen - Plainfield - Chatham - Summit - Chatham - Metuchen - Plainfield - Brooklyn - Clark - Cranford - East Rutherford - Plainfield - Fanwood - Union - Newark - Scotch Plains - Asbury Park - Scotch Plains - Plainfield - Manhattan - Fords - Cranford - Roselle Park - Cranford - Kenilworth - Cranford - Old Bridge - Garwood - Plainfield - Westfield - Cranford - Garwood - Piscataway - Matawan - Sayreville - Clark - Cranford - Newark

It was crazy but it was a blast.  I miss NJ so much.  I knew this would happen.  I knew that if I went home for an extended period of time that my homesickness would come back with a vengeance.

Other than missing being a heartbeat away from the greatest city in the world and the 'burbs I once knew like the back of my hand, this trip made me genuinely miss the support system I had there.  And this is going to blow you away, I'm including Hubby's side of the family with that statement.

I miss watching football on Sunday with my dad.

I miss having friends that I can just call on a whim and go shopping or go grab a bite to eat with them.

I miss monthly game nights with a group of friends that made me laugh until my stomach hurt.

I miss running into people I know or once knew while at the store.  Although I do take full advantage of not having to worry about this here, and definitely run to the store in questionable attire/appearance.

I miss being there for life changing events in friends and family's lives.  I have one friend that is engaged and two that are pregnant.  I want to be there for these moments, and not just the big ones.  I want to be there for all the little steps along the way.

So we have a big beautiful house here.  Trust me, it's big and beautiful.  Something that I could have never imagined owning in NJ.  But is it worth giving all that up?

After over three years here, sometimes I still feel very alone.

And that's your Debbie Downer Thursday post.........

No comments:

Post a Comment